Esterline Corporation is a specialized manufacturing company serving principally aerospace and defense markets. Approximately 70% of total revenues are generated from aerospace/defense markets. The remaining 30% is from the application of these technologies in adjacent markets. Esterline management views the company’s businesses in three segments related to its set of core competencies: Avionics & Controls, Sensors & Systems, and Advanced Materials.
Operations within the Avionics & Controls segment focus on technology interface systems for commercial and military aircraft and similar devices for land- and sea-based military vehicles, cockpit displays and integration systems, flight training and simulation equipment, secure communications systems, specialized medical equipment, and other high-end industrial applications. The Sensors & Systems segment includes operations that produce high-precision temperature and pressure sensors, specialized harsh-environment interconnect solutions, electrical power distribution equipment, and other related systems principally for aerospace and defense customers. Advanced Materials focuses on process-related technologies including high-performance elastomer products used for a wide range of military and commercial aerospace purposes, state-of-the-art insulation materials, and combustible ordnance and electronic warfare countermeasure products.