The engineer must have a deep understanding of the principles of how a network of devices functions. They also have to have a deep knowledge of the hardware involved in this process. With that being said, the skill set of an Infrastructure Engineer isn’t entirely technical. They must also be able to work well with others, especially at larger companies.
The following are the core skills required to find employment as an Infrastructure Engineer.
1. Proficiency with network hardware and technologies
2. Proficiency with shared storage technologies
3. Proficiency with Microsoft operating systems
4. Extensive knowledge of data privacy laws
5. Precise attention to detail
6. Ability to prioritize tasks
7. Advanced organizational skills
8. Analytical skills
9. Problem-solving skills
Solid technical background in a hosted services environment including infrastructure networks, hardware, software, and telecommunications.
Good knowledge of security as it relates to cloud-based infrastructure.
Good Knowledge of LAN Cable, Protocol Rules, Firewalls, Router Configuration.